Welcome To The Mayfield Thomsons

In 1834 John and Jane Thomson (Purves), with their four children, left Scotland to settle in Whitby Ontario.
In 1845 they built a two story stone house to house their growing family. By 1847 their family was complete, they now had a total of ten children (John, James, William, Robert, Joseph, Jane, George, Hugh, Purves, and Alexander).
Their family farm was known as "Mayfield". This site is dedicated to the family, the farm, and the house which is still standing today.
To continue click on the pictures to learn more